Monday, May 25, 2009

Aa

These days I've been seeing A LOT of those American Apparel Alphabet Tees, which can be found here:

There is just something appealing about that bold, Helvetica typeface. . . I think some letters look better than others. For example, I think the Jj, Ll and Ee are just not as visually pleasing as the Tt, Aa or Zz.
Maybe that's just me, what do you think?
When buying the shirt, how do people choose what letter they want? I know I would be standing in the store for a good fifteen minutes before I could choose between all twenty six options.
Maybe by name initial? Or just plain visual appeal?

These Tees are nice but I don't understand as to how they got so popular. Because of the name tag? It seems like anything American Apparel gets instant hype. First it was their unisex hoodies that are now owned by every single hipster out there, then the colour block jersey dresses or the swing skirts. I don't know how they do it.

Here are some pictures for those of you clueless as to what I'm talking about







GOODBYE FOR NOW,

-Jessicat.

3 comments: